My Rant About Men and Their Feet
I’m a foot care nurse. I look after alot of feet. I really like my job. I’m not picking on the guys. We women have our own issues (read my high heels blog). But men, really? We need to talk.
- You know those favourite shoes of yours – the ones you’ve had for 10 years or more? Throw. Them. Out. Now. Get over it. Before you buy new shoes, read my page on Socks and Shoes.
- Stop tying knots all over those shoelaces that keep breaking. Get new ones.
- “These shoes were a great deal” is not a reason to keep wearing shoes that are way too big for you. Again, read my page on Socks and Shoes.
- Those cutters that electricians use to cut electrical wire? They’re for electrical wire, not toenails. (I’m not making this up)
- Same goes for the sander in your tool box. Why are you using it for your dry heels and calluses??
- Ingrown nails need to be dealt with before they become inflamed and infected.
- Regarding those over-the-counter wart and callus removers – more is not better. That’s why you’ve given yourself an acid burn and peeled off 3 layers of skin.
- When drying yourself after a shower or bath, the towel needs to go lower than your knees. Bacteria and fungus (athlete’s foot) breed in warm moist places like between your toes.
- Moisturizer is not just for women. Use it so your heels don’t look like baked, cracked clay. If you don’t want to smell like a spring meadow, there are unscented ones.
- Didn’t your mother ever tell you that socks need to be changed every day? Gentlemen, this is not how to take a girl’s breath away.
- It’s OK to have the foot care nurse look after your feet. Don’t wait ’til your wife and/or daughter yells at you. If you don’t have a wife/daughter, don’t wait ’til your feet are yelling at you.
To that end, stay tuned for McDermott Footcare Productions Definitely-Not-Ready-For-Primetime vlog on caring for winter weary feet.
Copyright Terry McDermott. May not be reproduced in whole or in part without permission of author