McDermott Footcare is owned by me, Theresina McDermott, RN (Terry for short). I strive to deliver excellent advanced nursing foot care to my clients in Toronto and the GTA. I visit clients in their homes, retirement residences and will set up clinics for interested organizations.
As part of excellent advanced nursing foot care, clients in Toronto and the GTA can expect:
- holistic care in the comfort and convenience of their own home
- ongoing assessment of feet, lower legs and general health status
- cleaning, clipping, filing of nails
- care of ingrown toenails
- padding of bunions and tender areas
- reduction of corns, callouses
- diabetic foot care
- foot skin care
- footwear assessment
- easy to follow health teaching that empowers clients or their families to perform basic foot care between nursing visits
- a personalized foot care plan developed for ongoing care as needed
- referrals to appropriate healthcare professionals as needed
- thorough sterilization of instruments by autoclave as per Ministry of Health and Long Term Care guidelines
Nursing foot care services are covered by many private insurance plans and the Department of Veterans Affairs. Receipts will be issued for insurance and income tax purposes.
I graduated from Seneca College Diploma RN program in 1985. I am in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario. I hold a Certificate in Advanced Nursing Foot Care and Diabetic Foot Care. I constantly broaden my knowledge by attending practice-based courses, seminars and conferences.
In my nursing career, I have worked at Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital, North York Branson Hospital, North York General Hospital (Branson site), St. Elizabeth Health Care.